How to Order a Replacement Diploma

Share this post

How do I get a replacement if my diploma is lost or damaged?
To obtain a replacement diploma in the event your original was damaged, destroyed, lost, or you had a change of name, contact the Office of the Registrar at the college or university you attended. Google “Registrar Office replacement diploma” along with the full name of your alma mater. In most cases, this will return a link to an online page with complete details regarding the process for getting a replacement. If you do not get a relevant link, search for your school’s Registrar’s Office, and call the general phone number to inquire. It will be able to direct you appropriately. To obtain a replacement diploma, you are required to provide multiple forms of identification, proof of name change (if applicable), and a fee for the replacement document.

How can I find out the size of a school’s diploma?
If you are thinking of giving a diploma frame as a graduation gift, or if you are planning ahead for your own graduation, you can contact the institution’s Registrar’s Office to inquire about the size of the document. You will need this information to purchase a properly sized frame. Diploma sizes can, and occasionally do, change from year-to-year.

To locate contact information for the school’s Registrar’s Office, Google the school name and “Registrar Office.” This department generally handles diploma printing and distribution. When you call the office, a staffer should be able to tell you the size of the diploma, or direct you to person on campus who would have this information.

Below are examples of online diploma replacement instructions
Cornell University:
University of New Mexico:

Share this post

About the author

Church Hill Classics

View all posts