Green Practices at Church Hill Classics
Church Hill Classics (CHC) is proud to be a company committed to conserving the environment and is an advocate of global sustainability.
As a part of our endeavor, we are currently a member of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) WasteWise Program. We have been a WasteWise Partner for 7 years.
View our WasteWise Certificate.
WasteWise is a voluntary, EPA program that allows organizations to put into practice waste reduction systems. We are one of the approximately 1,900 partners of WasteWise,
who consist of large corporations, small and medium-sized businesses, schools, colleges, universities, hospitals, state and local governments, tribes, and other institutions.
Through waste reduction methods, we work towards waste prevention, recycling, and buying and manufacturing recycled content products.
For more information, or to find out about becoming a voluntary member of the EPA WasteWise Program, visit their website at http://www.epa.gov/wastewise/
Recycling and Waste Reduction Efforts
As an environmentally concerned operation, CHC is thrilled to have become a member of the EPA WasteWise Program. It is a great addition to our other existent efforts in recycling, waste reduction, and responsible purchasing:
- Purchase moulding from vendors that are committed to responsible forestry and regular replanting
- Donating unused materials to organizations and local school art departments
- Our line of "green" frames
- Reducing needed packing materials with our SMARTbox that is 100% curbside recyclable
- The bubble wrap we use is made with recycled compound
- Extensive in-house recycling program of cardboard, paper, and cans
- Invested in numerous energy-saving measures to reduce consumption and improve efficiency within our facility
- Replaced our paper-based production system with a digitally-driven one
Frame Mouldings Made with 100% Recycled Wood
We also offer a selection of frame mouldings that are made with 100% recycled American wood. These mouldings feature the look and feel of solid wood, as well as the quality and presentation of our traditional mouldings.
Acadia - Brazilian walnut finish
Rainier - mahogany finish
Arena - black matte finish
Sierra - cherry matte finish
All of our frames are produced using renewable woods harvested and grown using environmentally-responsible practices. To view the selection of recycled wood mouldings available
for your college or university, please search for your school,
or you can design a custom document or picture frame. You may also be interested in our
Lasting Memories Photo Frames
featuring our recycled Arena or Sierra moulding.