How To Frame Your Diploma With Archival Tape
Watch how easy it is to insert your document into our frames!
Preparing Your Document
If your document has been stored flat, skip ahead to Framing Your Document
If your document has been rolled up in a tube, you will need to flatten it. For best results, we recommend that you do this as soon as possible after receiving it. We suggest applying weight to the unrolled document for a few days. A clean, flat surface and books work well. If you need assistance, you may want to contact either a local framer, or call us at 800-477-9005. Check out our blog post on how to flatten your rolled diploma
Framing Your Document
Enjoy your newly framed document!
- To frame your document, please have the following materials available: a ruler, glass cleaner, paper towels or a soft cloth, scissors, and a towel.
- Lay the frame face down on the towel. To open the frame back, bend the black flexible tabs up. Remove the backing board and mat, leaving the glass in place inside of the frame.
- Remove the strip of mounting tape that was included at the bottom of the framing instructions (which were shipped with your frame) and cut it in half.
- Hold the mat up and visually center the document inside of the opening, using a ruler to center as necessary. Place mat and document face down.
- Remove the backing from the two strips of tape and place them approximately 4" apart along the TOP of the back side of the document. The document hangs from the top and should not be taped at the bottom or on the sides. This will provide room for the natural expansion of the paper and help prevent buckling.
- Place the backing board behind the document with the black side to the back. Set aside.
- If necessary, clean or wipe the glass. Remove any specks of dust or debris. Gently place the mat/document/backing face down on the glass. Hold the backing against the glass and flip the frame up to inspect.
- To secure, press the flexible tabs down against the black surface of the backboard.
- To hang, use the Level-Lock hanging system included with your frame. View Level-Lock hanging instructions or order additional Level-Lock hanging systems.