Frame My Proudest Moment Contest 2013 Official Rules
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase of a product or service from Church Hill Classics or any of its affiliated companies will not improve the chance of winning. Void where prohibited. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws. Participation requires Internet access.
- CAN I PARTICIPATE? To participate in the Church Hill Classics' Frame My Proudest Moment Contest 2013 you must:
- Be a legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, including APO/FPO addresses excluding Puerto Rico and other U.S. Territories.
- Employees of Church Hill Classics and diplomaframe.com, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, web site providers or other parties involved in any aspect with the creation, production, operation, execution and fulfillment of the Contest and the immediate family members (parents, siblings, children and spouse) and/or those living in the same household (whether or not related) of each are not eligible to win.
- CONTEST PERIOD. Church Hill Classics' Frame My Proudest Moment Contest 2013 will be accepting entries online starting on May 29, 2013 and ending at 11:59 PM on July 15, 2013 (The “Contest Period”). All online entries must be received by 11:59 PM on July 15, 2013. Proof that you entered your form and submission does not constitute proof or evidence that an entry was actually received within the Contest Period. Participants assume all risk of lost, late, misdirected, incomplete or illegible entries.
- HOW DO I ENTER? One entry per person. You must enter online. Submitting an entry constitutes agreeing to the terms of these Official Rules and all decisions of Sponsor and/or its designee, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entry of information or for entries which are garbled, damaged, incompletely received, otherwise defective or lost due to any reason, all of which will be voided. Each submission of an Entry Form and an Entry Photo shall constitute an entry (“Entry”).
ENTRY FORM REQUIREMENTS. Entry Form requires: full name, age, phone number, address, e-mail address, alternative contact name and phone number, how you found out about the contest, an accompanying description (that does not exceed 500 characters) and agreement to the rules.
ENTRY PHOTO REQUIREMENTS. (a) You must submit a photo that shows the proudest moment in your life. It must be a non-professional photo with permission from the photographer or you can submit a photo that you have taken (and you must have permission from all people in the photo). DO NOT submit a company advertisement, photo you found online or stock art. Submission of a photo that doesn’t follow these guidelines may result in disqualification. (b) Please submit a high resolution .jpg or .png – 1600 x 1200 or 1280 x960 at 300 pixels per inch. Maximum file size: 2 MB. (c) Entry photo should demonstrate the “proudest moment in your life”. Sponsor will be looking for a photo with a creative, original photo that showcases the emotional aspect of a proud life moment. (d) Any language appearing in the Entry Photo and accompanying description must be in English, have correct spelling and be grammatically correct. (e) Entry Photo and accompany description must be tasteful. Language will be evaluated by Sponsor based on context and societal acceptability. Content must be intended for a family audience and must, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, be suitable for a general audience and must not contain any nudity, sexually explicit, disparaging, libelous or other inappropriate content. (f) Sponsor reserves the right to reject any Entry that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate any of these content related requirements, in which case the entry will not be posted online and will be deleted without any notification.
If the content of the Entry does not meet the requirements listed above, the Entry will not be posted to the diplomaframe.com web site and/or to Church Hill Classics’ social media networking pages.
HOW TO ENTER ONLINE. The 2013 entry form is available at http://www.diplomaframe.com/contests/frame-my-proudest-moment-contest-2013/newentry.aspx. Completely fill out the online Entry Form, attach your entry photo and click submit. Before submitting your Entry, you must certify that you have read and agree to these Official Rules. Please note, when you submit your entry, it will not immediately show up on the entry listing page. Church Hill Classics reviews all entries for approval before uploading to their site or possibly featuring on any of their social media networking pages. An approved entry will appear on the diplomaframe.com website within a week of receipt.
CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO ALL ENTRIES. By submitting an entry (or accepting any prize), each Entrant understands and agrees that their Entry and name may be posted online to diplomaframe.com and/or any of Church Hill Classics’ social media networking pages or news releases, without further compensation or review, and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to crop any entry in whole or in part or request contest entrants to do so, in order to be viewable online. Entrant further agrees to release Sponsor from any and all claims that any such use by Sponsor, including any commercial advertising presentation, web content or any other material subsequently produced, presented and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor, infringes the Entrant’s rights with regard to any elements, characters or ideas contained in its Entry. Please note, entrants still own their photo, but the Sponsor has the right to feature the photo in relation to promoting this contest and other future contests.
- WHAT CAN I WIN? Five (5) Winners. There will be 5 cash prizes. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive $250 and a custom frame. The second place winner will receive $100 and a custom frame. The third place winner will receive $75 and a custom frame. The fourth place winner will receive a $50 and custom frame. The fifth place winner will receive $25 and a custom frame. The checks will be awarded to the five Winners. Winners must complete the photo release forms by August 19, 2013, and check must be endorsed and cashed no later than September 15, 2013. In the event that either one of these deadlines are not satisfied, the Entrant will forfeit the prize and the prize will not be awarded. No interest will be paid for the time between the date the Winner is chosen and the date that the check is issued. Seven (7) Finalist Prizes. Seven (7) Finalists will each receive a custom frame from diplomaframe.com.The frame can be a diploma, certificate, varsity letter or photo frame. If the Winner is under 18 and selected as a Winner, he/she must have a signed parental waiver as a condition of receiving prizes. Winners and/or winners’ parents or legal guardians in the event the Winner is a minor under the laws of winner’s state of residence are responsible for the reporting and payment of all federal, state and local taxes incurred by the acceptance of the prize. Prizes cannot be assigned, transferred, exchanged or otherwise redeemed. Sponsor is not responsible for any costs associated with accepting or otherwise using the prize. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its agents to use winner's name, likeness, and Photo for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Any of the Winner or Finalists’ photos may be used in a Church Hill Classics advertisement in the future.
- HOW DO I WIN? The top Twelve (12) Finalists will be chosen by Judges at Church Hill Classics. Finalist judging is based on entry photo and accompanying description in accordance with the contest guidelines. Judges will be looking for the entries that best portray proud lifetime moments and the emotion behind these milestone events. The Finalists will be posted online for public voting. Five (5) Winners, will be determined solely based on the highest number of online votes received during the online voting period (July 23 – August 6, 2013). In the event of a tie, a panel of judges who are also Church Hill Classics employees will determine the Winner based on the overall display of the proudest moment from the tied entries. Judges’ decisions are final, binding and conclusive on all matters related to the Contest. Three attempts to contact the potential Winners by telephone, email, or post will be made. Exact means of contact is at the Sponsor’s discretion. If a potential Winner is unable to be reached within five (5) days of the third contact attempt, or refuses to accept the prize, the potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected. Each potential prize Winner, and/or their parent or legal guardian if such Winner is a minor, must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Prize Documents”) within fourteen (14) days of receipt of Prize Documents. Sponsor shall have no liability or responsibility to award any prize where: (a) any required Prize Documents are not fully executed and received by Sponsor at the designated address by the due date specified in Prize Documents; or (b) if any mail addressed to the potential Winner is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable without a forwarding address or if potential Winner cannot be contacted for any reason; or (c) potential Winner is deemed ineligible or otherwise non-compliant with any aspect of these Official Rules. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH INDIVIDUAL’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER AND ALL PRIVILEGES DUE SUCH INDIVIDUAL WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED AND AN ALTERNATE PRIZE WINNER WILL BE SELECTED. Potential winners may be subject to a background check, which must be satisfactory in Sponsor's absolute discretion. In the event the potential winner is ineligible to participate based upon the information contained in the background check, an alternate winner will be selected.
- IDEA SUBMISSION. Past experience has confirmed that contests and other competitions generate substantially similar submissions or entries which closely resemble concepts and ideas that have been independently developed by Sponsor or other entrants before or after the Contest. Accordingly, as a condition of Contest entry, each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that (a) Sponsor and other participants have access to and/or may create or have created media or other materials, ideas and concepts which may be similar or identical to the Entrant’s Contest Entry in theme, idea, plot, format, characters and/or other respects; (b) Entrant shall not be entitled to any compensation or other consideration because of the use by Sponsor or any other participant of any such similar or identical material, ideas and/or concepts; and (c) Sponsor’s or another participant’s use of material containing elements similar to or identical with those contained in the Entrant’s Contest Entry shall not obligate Sponsor to negotiate with nor entitle the Entrant to any compensation or other claim.
- CONDUCT. By entering this Contest, each Entrant (and/or their parent or legal guardian) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor and its judges and agents, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify and prohibit any Entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize who Sponsor suspects, in the sole discretion, of attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automatic quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse or threaten or harass any of the Sponsors' representatives or otherwise failing to comply with these Rules. NOTE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE SPONSOR OR ITS AGENTS OR UNDERMINING THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY. Each Winner, by acceptance of the prize, agrees on behalf of him/herself, his/her heirs, executors, representatives, assigns, administrators and next of kin to indemnify, hold harmless and release the Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated businesses and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, representatives and any other person or entity associated with this Contest from any and all liability claims or actions of any kind with respect to or in any way arising from this Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity; and/or delivery/misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of a prize, including, but not limited to, liability for personal injury, bodily injury (including wrongful death or disability), damage to property, and damage or loss of any other kind. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web site users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in the Contest or by any technical or human error that might occur in the processing of Contest Entries. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error; omission; interruption; deletion; defect; delay in operation or transmission; communications-line failure; or theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, or alteration of Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines; computer online systems, servers, or providers; computer equipment; software; or failure of e-mail or entry on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to participant's or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest, downloading materials from Sponsor’s Web site or emailing entries. Sponsor is not responsible for cheating or fraud by any participant. Any activities intended to disrupt or interfere with the proper play of the Contest or defraud Sponsor in any way will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Participants who engage in any of the foregoing activities will be disqualified and will forfeit any prizes won. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to, without limitation, infection by computer virus, worm, or bugs; tampering; unauthorized intervention; fraud; technical failures; or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of these Official Rules or any materials associated with the administration of the Contest or the announcement of the prize. In all events, the sole maximum liability of Sponsor and its affiliates shall be limited to any of the prize(s) set forth herein.
- CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited by law, all issues and questions concerning the constitution, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and the Sponsor in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Connecticut in the U.S., without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Connecticut, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Connecticut in the U.S.
- PUBLICITY CONSENT. By submitting an entry or accepting a prize, where permitted by law, each Winner grants to Sponsor (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) and those acting pursuant to the authority of Sponsor the irrevocable right without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including, but not limited to, the World Wide Web, in perpetuity and throughout the universe, his/her Entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- WINNER'S IDENTITY & OFFICIAL RULES. Prize Winners' name, city and state of residence, and Entry, will be posted on the Sponsor's web site and/or Church Hill Classics’ social media networking pages and/or news releases, at Sponsor’s discretion. A version of these Official Rules, suitable for printing, will also be available on the Sponsor’s web site.
- SPONSOR.Church Hill Classics/diplomaframe.com, 594 Pepper Street Monroe, CT 06468, sponsors this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest at any time and substitute another promotion in its place, and rules are subject to change at any time.