How to Order a Replacement Diploma

How to Order a Replacement Diploma

Posted in [Diploma, Graduation & Job Search Topics] By BloggerBob

How do I get a replacement if my diploma is lost or damaged?
To obtain a new replacement diploma in the event that your original has was been damaged, destroyed, lost, or if you have had a change of name, contact the Office of the Registrar at the College or University you attended.  Try doing a search on Google for "Registrar Office replacement diploma" along with the full name of your alma mater.  In most cases, this will return a link to an online page with complete details on the process for getting a replacement.  If you do not get a relevant link, simply search for your school’s Registrar’s Office and call the general phone number to inquire. They will certainly be able to direct you appropriately.  To obtain a replacement diploma, you will be required to provide multiple forms of identification, proof of name change (if applicable), and there is a fee for the replacement document.

How can I find out the size of a school’s diploma?
If you are thinking of giving a diploma frame as a graduation gift, or if you are planning ahead for your own graduation, you can contact the institution’s Registrar’s Office to inquire about the size of the document.  You will need this to insure that you purchase a properly sized frame.  Do not assume that the diploma will be the same size from year-to-year because diploma sizes can, and occasionally do, change. 

To locate contact information for the school’s Registrar’s Office, run a Google search with the school name and "Registrar Office”"  This department generally handles diploma printing and distribution.  If you call this office, they should be able to tell you the size of the diploma, or at least direct you to person on campus who would have this information.

Below are examples of online diploma replacement instructions 
Carnegie Mellon University:
Cornell University:
University of New Mexico:
Currently rated 0.0 by 0 people
Popular tags: ,


What’s Your Point of View? Join the discussion »

    leave a reply

     [Quick Submit with Ctrl+Enter]